Life is an Ocean Contest
These are the official Contest Rules for the Behind the Mask and Partners “Life is an Ocean Contest”.
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “BTM Life is an Ocean Contest” (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsors: Keldan Videolights, OMS – Ocean Management Systems, Wiro Dive, Bluenery Clothing, Y-40 and Carbonio G.F.T , Samabaia Liveabords, HECS Aquatic, Nauticam, Orcanorway (“Sponsors”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of countries to be recognized by the United Nations as a sovereign country, has a working parcel shipping infrastructure and that are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsor or any of its affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”). Contest Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winners. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, follow the instructions under the Facebook video or in the Instagram Story post about the prize you want to win. For example as for one of the prizes the Call -to-action is: Leave a Facebook comment under the Facebook video ‚Life is an Ocean’ ( https://www.facebook.com/behindthemask.divestories/videos/548803008939282/) of the Page „Behind the Mask Divestories“ or under the Instagram video ‚Life is an Ocean‘ (https://www.instagram.com/p/BsvovEKlziQ/) of the Instagram page “__behindthemask__” The comment must contain the answer to the question: „Which is your favorite scene in the video?“. A valid Facebook profile will be required. A valid e-mail address and a shipping address will be required later on, if you might be the winner. The Contest Period begins at 3pm AM ET on Jan 19th, 2019 and ends at 5pm PM ET on Jan. 27th 2019. A limit of one entry per Facebook or Instagram profile applies. The prize will be awarded to an entry selected by a jury. The jury consists of one member of the Behind the Mask Team and one member of the Sponsor. The winner will be selected latest by 15pm AM ET on February 15th 2019 and the selection will be announced on the Facebook page „Behind the Mask Divestories“. Due to this time-sensitive contest, the winner will be contacted by a Facebook or Instagram message and will have 2 business days to respond or a new winner will be selected. No substitute will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for any unclaimed prizes.
5. Prizes are varying on the Sponsor and will be announced daily via Facebook Live-Video and Instagram Stories of the pages named above. If the prize is not a good but a service, it underlies the Terms and Conditions of the sponsors service offer.
6. Waiver of Moral Rights: As a condition of being declared a winner and prior to being awarded the prize, each selected entrant will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (i) releasing the Sponsor and its related parties, as well as Facebook Inc., from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize; (ii) confirming compliance with these Contest rules; (iii) consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. If a potential winner is under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian must also sign and return the declaration of eligibility and release form.
7. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your submission caused any type of damage to a third party.
8. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting the prize winner. The Contest is run in compliance with the Torstar privacy code, which may be found in full at http://notices.torstar.com/privacy-policy/index.html.
9. Banning: Behind the Mask as well as the Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and voting more times than is permitted under these Contest rules.
10. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Germany applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. BTM and the Sponsors are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. BTM and the Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form-filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
11. Facebook Disclaimer and Release: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Behind the Mask and not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to Behind the Mask, and not to Facebook, Inc. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook, Inc. and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Behind the Mask or a third party.