These are the official Contest Rules for the Behind the Mask and boot Düsseldorf Contest “Win a trip with BTM to the Orcas in Norway”.
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “BTM Orca Contest” (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: Orca Norway (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of countries to be part of the European Union or countries recognized as legal by the European Union that are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsor or any of its affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”). Contest Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winners. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, leave a Facebook comment including a video message from your personal profile under this Live Video. A valid Facebook profile will be required. A valid e-mail address will be required later on, if you might be the winner. The Contest Period begins at 3pm AM ET on Sept.15th, 2018 and ends at 5pm PM ET on Sept. 29th 2018. A limit of one entry per Facebook profile applies. The prize will be awarded to an entry selected by a jury. The winner will be selected latest by 15pm AM ET on October 5th 2018 and the selection will be announced on the Facebook page of the boot Düsseldorf. Due to this time-sensitive contest, the winner will be contacted by a Facebook message and will have 2 business days to respond or a new winner will be selected. No substitute will be provided. Sponsor will not mail, deliver or courier the prize and is not responsible for any unclaimed prizes.
5. Prizes: There is one prize package available. It consists of a trip to Norway on the M/S Sula including travel expenses to/from Tromso Norway and a trip to/from Düsseldorf Germany.
6. Waiver of Moral Rights: As a condition of being declared a winner and prior to being awarded the prize, each selected entrant will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (i) releasing the Sponsor and its related parties, as well as Facebook Inc., from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize; (ii) confirming compliance with these Contest rules; (iii) consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. If a potential winner is under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian must also sign and return the declaration of eligibility and release form.
7. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your submission caused any type of damage to a third party.
8. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting the prize winner. The Contest is run in compliance with the Torstar privacy code, which may be found in full at http://notices.torstar.com/privacy-policy/index.html.
9. Banning: The Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and voting more times than is permitted under these Contest rules.
10. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received. Five extra chances to win (per referral) are awarded to all entrants who refer new entrants. This Contest is governed by the laws of Germany applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Sponsor are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form-filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
11. Facebook Disclaimer and Release: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Behind the Mask and not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to Behind the Mask, and not to Facebook, Inc. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook, Inc. and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Behind the Mask or a third party.
Details of the trip:
This is more information about this trip provided by the operator Orcanorway:
The 6 days trip includes :
– 6 days liveaboard expedition and accommodation in an equipped liveaboard boat M/S “Sula” / 12 guests per trip.
– All meals/food, coffee/tea/soft-drinks. Professional chef onboard.
– All guiding and transport to the field for seeking orcas.
– Snorkeling with orcas
– Dinghy with driver and guide (fuel is included).
– Harbor Fee
– Bedclothes and towels included
– Wireless Internet onboard.
– Hot tub
– One evening with Hydrophone for listening to the sound of orcas and humpbacks. (If good conditions).
– USEA Lectures with USEA Certification / Lecturer Orca Expert Pierre Robert de Latour.( Approx one hour per evening).
* No flights or other transfer to the location are not included in the offer.
** We offer pick-up service from the nearest airport to the harbor, free of charge,.
6 days orca exepediton trip = NOK 38.700,- per person (covered)
Rental of complete equipment : Dry suit with underwear/thinsulate, mask, snorkel,fins, gloves, weight
and aquafloat. Price = NOK 2.100,- per person (not covered)
An aquafloat is an overall protect the body for rain, wind and coldness. Good to wear when you are topside on the boat decK.
ARRIVAL : TROMSÖ AIRPORT (TOS)
DEPARTURE : TROMSÖ AIRPORT (TOS)
The main activity is snorkeling /freediving with orcas and humpbacks. You can expect to be into water 2-4 times a day, we are out on the orca field all the daylight time.
We don’t use tanks with the animals, they are afraid of the bubbles and will then disappear. The animals are friendly, but we never don’t touch them or feed them. It’s not necessary to have any diving license to join our orca exp. trips, and you don’t need prior training. We do snorkeling/swimming with orcas and humpbacks.
Our crew will teach you how to use the dry-suit for snorkeling. There are diving instructors onboard. The orca season is in wintertime and we use dry-suits. You can bring with your own dry-suit, but it’s possible to rent. There are dry-suits for rental in all standard sizes onboard.
USEA is the network for those who care about the respect of the comfort and the wild nature of marine mammals.
Approved by scientists working in the field of marine mammals, USEA interactions are much better than enforced encounters for both diver and marine mammal.
On board the SULA, during ORCA EXPEDITION, guided by the best specialists you will learn with USEA techniques how to come close and interact in the best conditions with orcas and large whales.
Successful USEA interaction allows you to be USEA Diver, registered in the network with an unique number. You will have your own Certification.
Our captain Olav Strömsholm and the USEA Leader Pierre ROBERT de LATOUR are well experienced to come close to the animals, and Pierre is perhaps the most experienced free-diver in the world to be into water with the orcas with more than 5000 encounters.
WHO CAN DO THAT?
It’s not necessary to have a certification for snorkeling with the animals.
We use dry-suits and it’s opportunity to rent complete diving equipment from us.
However, if you don’t have experience with snorkeling we give you lessons when you are onboard and also using of dry-suits.
HOW WE OPERATE?
We are at your service in realizing this expedition.
When we are into the water with the animals we don’t use bottles.
How many times you will be into the water with the animals depends of weather and windy conditions, but you can expect from 2-4 times or even more a day if good conditions.
It’s opportunity to do regulary diving in the evenings after seeking orcas. Scuba diving for well experienced divers only! Need to have 30 dives with dry suit.
All diving arrangements are included in our offer/price.
There are weights and bottles onboard. Single 12 liter 200 bar and 15 liter 200 bar.
THE ORCA TEAM
The crew onboard is well experienced dive-instructors/boat drivers, guides and chef.
Our crew speaks Scandinavian, English and French.
M/S Sula, 90 feet, 220 V Electricity, one lounge with sitting groups, room for diving-equipment, room for drying the suits, washing machine, tumble dryer. 2 cabins with 4 beds and 7 cabins with 3 beds. The cabins have upper and lower beds.
There are 3 toilets and 2 showers onboard (2 showers and 2 toilets in corridor area and one toilet under the shelter deck). All cabins with washbasin with warm and cold water.
RENTAL OF DIVING EQUIPMENT :
You can bring with your own dry-suit and/or equipment for snorkeling/diving or it’s possible to rent.
Onboard there are dry-suits in all standard sizes.
For the dry-suit we ask you about your
Height (cm) : ?
Weight (kilos) : ?
Shoe-size (European) :
October – January : Water temperature is about 4-6 degrees. Air temperature from -7 to +10 degrees C
A typical day onboard/ orca exp. trip
Wake up at 07:30 am
Breakfast at 08:00-08:30 am
Boat leaves the harbour about 09:00 am.
We go out to the fjord for seeking orcas.
Sometimes we see the animals immediately and can start the operation soon.
Other days we need hours to find the orcas. When we find the orcas we move to the less boat (dinghy equipped with dry-suit and keep the camera ready for photo action.
Normally we are in the dinghy two to three hours and then back to the main ship for eating hot soup, coffee break and lunch.
When the darkness is coming we go to the closest bay or harbor to stay the night over.
Dinner onboard at 18:00 hrs.
The most important things to bring with you :
Credit cards or cash, (almost everywhere in Norway you can pay with credit card (Master/Visa)
Underwear of wool/fleece. Material of wool is best
Slippers to have inside the boat
Clothes for winter clima
Photo camera / GoPro camera if you have.
Clothes for hot tub (clothes for bathing).
OUR TERMS / 6 days trip / Season: 2018 / Boat : MS Sula, Per Person.
1. A deposit of NOK 8.000,- / must be paid within 7 days reservation. (covered)
No deposit back if any cancellation.
2. The balance of payment of NOK 30.700,- Excl . Rental of Equipment / Or NOK 34.800 within 01. October 2018. (covered)
If you don’t pay the rest within 01 October 2018 ,your order will be cancelled.
3. By cancellation after 01. October 2018, your payment (no deposit) will be refunded the cause of sickness or death only.
A declaration from doctor must be presented before refunding